Case Study: Modern Slavery Support
Our support has given clients the confidence that they are proceeding in the right direction in relation to external expectations under the Modern Slavery Act.
twentyfifty has supported several clients across a range of sectors (including travel & tourism, media & technology, pharmaceuticals, food & agriculture, utilities) to understand the expectations behind the UK’s Modern Slavery Act, to identify the potential risks of modern slavery occurring in their operations and supply chains and to develop roadmaps to start addressing them.
Our approach supports clients to apply the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights as a framework underpinning the steps they are taking to address modern slavery risks.
Activities we have undertaken include:
- Organisational mapping to identify potential risks
- High level initial risk assessment, development of tool to prioritise risks and action plans to address them
- Facilitation of risk assessment and prioritisation workshops
- Development of supplier guidance
- Development of pre-qualification questionnaires
- Development of supplier engagement guides
- Review of supplier responses
- Support to strengthening of business as usual practices (contract clauses, pre-qualification, induction information etc)
- Benchmarking of company and sector approaches
- Engagement and capacity building with internal stakeholders
- Review of draft statements